The first thing to remember about home inspections is that you absolutely need one, no matter what you think of or are told about the property.
BankRate.com published an article on March 11, 2007 about questions you should ask potential home inspectors. Briefly and without any of the details, the questions are as follows:
1. How long have you been in business and how many home
inspections have you performed?
2. Can you tell me exactly what will happen during the inspection?
3. What will be included in my report and what type of format will you use for it?
4. How soon will I get my report?
5. If problems are found then repaired, how quickly can you re-inspect the property so you can modify the original report?
Read the entire article at BankRate.com.
For more information, home inspectors have several trade organizations.
1. National Association of Home Inspectors.
2. American Society of Home Inspectors.
3. National Association of Certified Home Inspectors.
Also, read about radon testing.