Buyers Brokers Only, LLC wants to help local organizations in Haverhill, Massachusetts participate in the American Red Cross Holiday Mail for Heroes program by offering to collect holiday cards and mailing them to the American Red Cross for distribution to military members, veterans and their families.
This is the fifth year that the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes, the program sponsor, have partnered to bring cards to military members during the holidays.
We understand that there are local organizations that might want to participate in the Holiday Mail for Heroes program, but do not have the resources to collect, pack and mail the cards. We’re happy to help local organizations and honored to bring some holiday joy to our American heroes.
After the public signs the cards and Buyers Brokers Only, LLC ships the cards to a special Holiday Mail for Heroes post office box, Pitney Bowes screens all cards for hazardous materials. Red Cross volunteers across the United States then sort and deliver the cards throughout the holiday season. Pitney Bowes also ships the cards at no charge to various locations. More details and card guidelines can be found at redcross.org/holidaymail and below.
Haverhill organizations that would like their cards collected and shipped to the designated Holiday Mail for Heroes post office box should contact Rich Rosa as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-835-5906 to request a pick up and schedule a pick-up date that is on or before December 5, 2011. Cards also can be dropped off at Buyers Brokers Only, LLC (200 Merrimack Street, Suite 301, Haverhill, MA) Monday through Friday from 8 AM to 4 PM.
Holiday Mail For Heroes Card Guidelines
Every card received will be screened for hazardous materials by Pitney Bowes and then reviewed by Red Cross volunteers working around the country. Please observe the following guidelines to ensure a quick reviewing process:
- All cards being sent in for 2011 Holiday Mail For Heroes program should be postmarked no later than Friday, December 9, 2011. (Buyers Brokers Only, LLC will pick up cards from Haverhill schools and organizations that request a pick up no later than December 5th, so Buyers Brokers Only, LLC can mail cards before December 9th)
- Ensure that all cards are signed.
- Use generic salutations such as “Dear Service Member” or “Dear American Hero.” Cards addressed to specific individuals cannot be delivered through this program.
- Only cards are being accepted. Do not send letters.
- Do not include email or home addresses on the cards, as the program is not meant to foster pen pal relationships.
- Do not include inserts of any kind, including photos, as these items will be removed during the reviewing process.
- Each card does not need its own envelope, as cards will be removed from all envelopes before distribution.
- Please refrain from sending holiday cards with glitter. Many of these cards will be delivered to military and veterans medical facilities and the glitter could interfere with a patient's recovery.